EAGI is a Division of the EAGC for the provision of Training , Capacity Building and Consultancy Services in grain Structured Trading Systems to key stakeholders across the grain value chain on a sustainable basis.
The Objective of establishing this institution is to train and develop professionals and Structured Trading Systems Practitioners
The aim of establishing the institute is to improve efficiency, impart technology and contribute to reducing transaction costs in grain industry
To provide specialized business training and a platform for innovation and capacity building to stakeholders in the Grain Industry.
To be recognized as the regional centre of excellence for training and innovation in the Grain Industry in Eastern Africa
To be an agent of transformation of the grain sector through the promoting and enabling the development of expertise and innovations in the grain value chain in the Eastern Africa region.
- Making a difference
- Partnerships & Collaboration
EAGI OVERALL OBJECTIVES
- To develop and deliver an Agribusiness curriculum that meets the strategic needs of the Eastern Africa Grain trade market.
- To provide specialised knowledge and technological know-how of structured trade mechanisms among key stakeholders and other major players
- To build partnerships, alliances, networks and linkages with providers of specialized grain trade training in Africa and other parts of the world
- To create platforms for the collation, dissemination and management of training course modules through the virtual, physical and cloud networks throughout Eastern Africa region
Integrating and developing structure in the grain value chain for optimum returns on investments to the stakeholders.