The Eastern Africa Grain Council (EAGC) and its Regional Partners have organized the 5th Agribusiness Expo for the Mid-Western Region in Uganda on 26th and 27th June 2015 and will be hosted at Masindi Agricultural Demonstration Centre – Kihonda.
A unique event bringing together both the private and public agricultural sector players and gives them an opportunity to have face-to-face interactions which are critical to doing business and sustaining trade flows. It enhances market competitiveness of agricultural inputs, agricultural produce and related services.
Theme: ““Increasing Food Security and Farm Incomes through Innovation, Finance & Technology”.
The 5th Agribusiness Expo seeks to address the current issues on food security and farm incomes by working toward the gains accrued from the previous expos and grain summits which contribute to a the realization of a transformed policy environment, improved productivity and access to agricultural markets at national and regional level.
We target both national and regional players and over 10,000 farmers are expected from the sub-region; Masindi, Kiryandongo, Hoima, Buliisa, Kibaale, Oyam, Apac, Gulu, Nwoya, Lira, Nakasongola and groups of sponsored farmers from other parts of the country.
The expo allows the closely linked sectors – agribusiness; telecommunication; banking; insurance; machinery among others to engage in dialogue with their clients, resulting in demand-driven products and services to satisfy the requirements of their clients. It is an opportunity for the closely linked sectors to showcase any interventions, products and services they provide which facilitate and improve awareness and acquisition.
- Farmer exposure to new and existing technology and financial services for agriculture
- Agro-processing through demonstration of equipment & machinery
- New innovations
- Training of farmers in good agronomic practices through live crop demonstration; livestock & poultry, Apiary; Fish farming, Agro-Forestry
- Networking and business relationships; Sales & purchases
- Sharing knowledge & experience
- Creating awareness of policy issues and emerging trends in Agriculture
- Increase the degree of awareness of your products/services
- Present new products and technologies in agribusiness
- Evaluate product design or acceptability range
- Test your company’s competitive capability
- Extend the sales network
- Make new contacts and strengthen existing ones
- Observe competitors and the market.
- An opportunity to engage in dialogue with clients, resulting in demand-driven products and services that satisfy the requirements of the clients
His Rt. Hon the Prime Minister of Uganda, has been invited to officially open this Expo