The Eastern Africa Grain Council (EAGC) is a membership-based organization registered in Kenya with country offices in Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi and Rwanda. Our members are key stakeholders and players in the grain value chain including cereal growers, millers and processors drawn from within and outside the East Africa States. Our core mandate is to develop and promote orderly structured marketing systems and provide market information for grains so as to reduce transaction costs and eliminate barriers’ to regional trade
We seek to fill the advertised position with an individual who is analytical, has good organizational skills, development skills, and is capable of working independently and as part of a team. The successful candidate should be highly professional, self motivated and a proven high achiever with good leadership skills.
Reporting to the Regional Programs Coordinator, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following amongst others:
- Coordinate, manage and implement the EAGC Uganda annual work plan.
- Coordinate, manage and ensure implementation of EAGC Uganda programs and projects in line with the established company procedures and processes.
- Co-ordinate EAGC Uganda policy advocacy agenda.
- Manage all EAGC Uganda Staff, partnerships and outsourced consultants and to improve the Council’s sustainability.
- Manage EAGC Uganda budgets including fund raising for projects.
- Provide strategic direction on Membership growth, communication and ensure their involvement in EAGC programs and activities.
- Manage all administrative functions of the EAGC Uganda office including maintaining existing financial systems like petty cash, expenses, mileage claims, income & expenditure records, processing all payments and monthly bank reconciliations.
Qualification, Skills and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Agri-business Management, Economics, Business Administration, or related field (a master’s degree will be an added advantage)
- 5 years’ experience in the agricultural or grain sector.
- Good report writing, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Donor Intelligence and Fund Raising skills.
- High integrity, initiative and highly organised.
- Capacity to flexibly manage several tasks
If your background and competence match the above specifications, please send your application demonstrating how your qualifications & experience matches our requirements. It should include an updated C.V., your current remuneration package, valid email address, daytime contact number and full contact details of 3 referees including day time telephone number to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 26th August 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. EAGC is an equal opportunity employer.