VACANCY NOTICE – MANAGER, EASTERN AFRICA GRAIN INSTITUTE
The Eastern Africa Grain Council (EAGC) is a membership-based organization registered in Kenya with country offices in Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi and Rwanda. Our members are key stakeholders and players in the grain value chain including cereal growers, millers and processors drawn from within and outside the East Africa States. Our core mandate is to develop and promote orderly structured marketing systems and provide market information for grains so as to reduce transaction costs and eliminate barriers’ to regional trade
We seek to fill the advertised position with an individual who is analytical, has good organizational skills, development skills, and is capable of working independently or as part of a team. The successful candidate should be highly professional, self-motivated and a proven high achiever with good leadership skills.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following amongst others:
Key Duties/ Responsibilities
- Implement and monitor the EAGI strategic plan, develop/review and enforce operating policies, procedures and guidelines for the institute.
- Lead in curriculum design/development and implementation of the training programs.
- Provide leadership in identifying, developing and evaluation of the marketing strategy for the institute, public relations and benchmarking with peer institutions.
- Lead in EAGI budget preparation, implementation and expenditures.
- Provide leadership in identifying potential opportunities for growth of the institute and promote the institute’s uniqueness in order to maintain a competitive edge.
- Co-ordinate Institute strategy, research, education and training programs.
- Provide effective leadership and management of fiscal responsibilities in fund raising to ensure the institute’s future viability.
- Have knowledge of current trends and initiatives in higher education and be able to implement them when applicable in the institute.
- Manage relationships effectively with the various stakeholders such as other universities, technical institutes in order to work collaboratively and build lasting relations.
- Ensure compliance with statutory requirements of operating the institute.
- Manage the departmental staff including participating in their recruitment, induction, performance management, training and development as well as discipline management.
Academic and professional Qualifications and experience required
- Master’s degree preferably in business management with an undergraduate degree in education.
- 10 years relevant work experience.
- Experience in sales, PR, marketing will be essential.
- Have strong relationship management, report writing skills; experience in donor reporting is essential.
- Computer literate.
- Team player, people leadership-achieving results through people.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- High integrity, initiative and business acumen.
- Highly organized with the capacity to manage several tasks simultaneously, be flexible and be willing to assume a range of unanticipated assignments.
If your background and competence match the above specifications, please send your application demonstrating how your qualifications & experience matches our requirements. It should include an updated C.V., your current remuneration package, valid email address, daytime contact number and full contact details of 3 referees including day time telephone number to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 1st December 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. EAGC is an equal opportunity employer.