The Eastern Africa Grain Council (EAGC) is a membership-based organization registered in Kenya with country offices in Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi and Rwanda. Our members are key stakeholders and players in the grain value chain including cereal growers, millers and processors drawn from within and outside the East Africa States. Our core mandate is to develop and promote orderly structured marketing systems and provide market information for grains so as to reduce transaction costs and eliminate barriers’ to regional trade
We seek to fill the advertised position with an individual who is analytical, has good organizational skills, development skills, and is capable of working independently or as part of a team. The successful candidate should be highly professional, self-motivated and a proven high achiever with good leadership skills.
Reporting to the Regional Programs Coordinator, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following amongst others:
Key Duties/ Responsibilities
1. EAGC RATIN MIS
• Develop and implement efficient delivery of services of the Council including RATIN, Real-time Volume Tracking Systems, RATIN SMS, Regional Food Balance Sheet and all newly developed information systems
• Develop, and continually review for effectiveness and relevance, systems and processes for collection and dissemination of market information including market prices, volumes and direction of flow
• Develop and coordinate the process and system for data collection, analysis and dissemination in RATIN
• Lead and coordinate RATIN improvement and Market Intelligence initiatives guiding including design and reporting which assist to identify growth opportunities in the grain Coordinate strategic sustainability of MIS through proposal writing and development of cost product for MIS
• Grain Trade monitoring, analysis and reporting in RATIN countries within Eastern Africa countries.
• Coordinate analysis of RATIN data including the weekly report, monthly report, quarterly price index report, grain newsletter, RFBS and policy papers.
2. Stakeholder Management & Partnerships Development
• Coordinate international, regional and National networking partnerships and other stakeholder engagement forums that are relevant and beneficial to the Council.
• Cultivate strong relationships with regional/local media and prepare staff and directors to deliver the Councils messages.
3. Business Development
• Coordinate the development and implementation of strategies and workplans aligned to the Council’s MIS and communication objectives laid out in the strategic plan
• Establish and implement internal and external regional communication plans and marketing strategies that ensure that the Council and its events get appropriate positioning and coverage.
• Manage the development and management of communication tools and publications and materials at EAGC level and in-country based on members and stakeholder needs
• Develop and implement membership recruitment and retention strategies that among other things, facilitate the growth of membership related revenues
• Provide strategic direction including strategies, concept note, partnership
• Support in developing forecasts, trends, market intelligence for improved decision making
Academic and professional Qualifications and experience required
• Post Graduate degree in Social Sciences. Additional qualification in marketing communication/PR will be an added advantage
• 7 years relevant work experience
• Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the execution of marketing information and communication strategies
• People management experience
• Project Management skills/experience
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• High integrity, initiative and highly organized.
• Capacity to manage several projects simultaneously.
If your background and competence match the above specifications, please send your application demonstrating how your qualifications & experience matches our requirements. It should include an updated C.V., your current remuneration package, valid email address, daytime contact number and full contact details of 3 referees including day time telephone number to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 9th December 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. EAGC is an equal opportunity employer.