The Eastern Africa Grain Council (EAGC) is a membership-based organization registered in Kenya with country offices in Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi and Rwanda. Our members are key stakeholders and players in the grain value chain including cereal growers, millers and processors drawn from within and outside the East Africa States. Our core mandate is to develop and promote orderly structured marketing systems and provide market information for grains so as to reduce transaction costs and eliminate barriers’ to regional trade
We seek to fill the position with an individual who is analytical, has good organizational skills, development skills, and is capable of working independently and as part of a team. The successful candidate should be highly professional, self-motivated and a proven high achiever with good leadership skills.
Reporting to the Regional Structured Trading Systems Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following amongst others:
1. Coordinate, manage and ensure development, approval and implementation of EAGC programs in Uganda in line with the established company policies, procedures and processes, including promotion of Membership growth and development, Structured Trading System, Market Information Services, Training and Capacity Building, Policy Advocacy and Institutional Development as well as Fund raising.
2. Manage all EAGC staff in Uganda, partnerships, external relations and outsourced consultants.
3. Manage all administrative functions of the EAGC Uganda office including; financial management and reporting; programs administration including procurement, periodic reporting of performance to the Management and the Board through the Country Programs Committee (CPC)
4. Representing EAGC in various forums and ensure visibility of the organization to stakeholders.
Qualification, Skills and Experience:
• A bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Agri-business Management, Economics, Business Administration, or related field (a master’s degree will be an added advantage)
• 5 years’ experience in the agricultural or grain sector.
• Good report & proposal writing, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Team player, high integrity, self-starter and highly organized.
• Capacity to flexibly manage several tasks and work under minimal supervision
• Business Management skills/training and fund raising skills/experience.
If your background and competence match the above specifications, please send your application demonstrating how your qualifications & experience matches our requirements. It should include an updated C.V., your current remuneration package, valid email address, daytime contact number and full contact details of 3 referees including day time telephone number to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th March 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. EAGC is an equal opportunity employer.