VACANCY NOTICE – COUNTRY PROGRAMS MANAGER, MALAWI
The Eastern Africa Grain Council (EAGC) is a membership-based organization registered in Kenya with country offices in Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi and Rwanda. Our members are key stakeholders and players in the grain value chain including cereal growers, millers and processors drawn from within the Eastern Africa Region and beyond. Our core mandate is to develop and promote orderly structured marketing systems and provide market information for grains so as to reduce transaction costs and eliminate barriers’ to regional trade
We seek to fill the above position with an individual whose main responsibility is to provide leadership, management and supervision of all aspects of EAGC program activities in Malawi, with the overall objective of developing markets for grain commodities.
Reporting to the Regional Programs Coordinator, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties amongst others:
- Program Leadership and Management
- Provide leadership, management and oversight for all program activities and staff in Malawi.
- Develop the country strategic and annual work plans that are aligned to the EAGC overall strategic plan.
- Provide strategic direction on Membership growth, communication and ensure their involvement in EAGC programs and activities.
- Relationship, Partnership and Representation
- Establish, maintain, and improve active and regular working relationships with host government authorities, partners and grain sector
- Contribute to Grain Trade Policy Advocacy and Policy Development activities at all levels in Malawi to promote an enabling environment for Grain sector business.
- Performance & Reporting Management
- Work closely with the Regional Programs Coordinator to prepare quarterly reports to the Country Programs Committee and Senior Management Team.
- Staff Management and Development
- Lead and supervise the program team to deliver project objectives agreed with the development partners.
- Working closely with the Programs Administration Manager, recruit, train, supervise, appraise & develop country/project staff.
- Work closely with the Programs Administration Manager on procurement matters while taking the lead in initiating programs activity oriented procurement in line with EAGC’s Procurement policy.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualification, Skills and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Agri-business Management, Economics, Business Administration, or related field (a master’s degree will be an added advantage)
- 5 years’ experience in the agricultural or grain sector in a similar or comparable role.
- Good report writing, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Donor Intelligence and Fund Raising skills.
- High integrity, initiative and highly organised.
- Capacity to flexibly manage several tasks.
- Team player with strong leadership skills.
If your background and competence match the above specifications, please send your application demonstrating how your qualifications & experience matches our requirements. It should include an updated C.V., your current remuneration package, valid email address, daytime contact number and full contact details of 3 referees including day time telephone number to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st October 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. EAGC is an equal opportunity employer.