The Eastern Africa Grain Council (EAGC) is a membership-based organization registered in Kenya with country offices in Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi and Rwanda. Our members are key stakeholders and players in the grain value chain including cereal growers, millers and processors drawn from within the Eastern Africa Region and beyond. Our core mandate is to develop and promote orderly structured marketing systems and provide market information for grains so as to reduce transaction costs and eliminate barriers’ to regional trade
We seek to fill the advertised position with an individual who will be responsible for coordinating and supervising the implementation of the AGRA Ihemi-Ludewa Cluster Project whose goal is to increase incomes and improve market access of smallholder farmers. The Officer will supervise all the field officers stationed in selected regions.
Reporting to the Country Programs Manager, Tanzania the successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties amongst others:
- Planning and Implementation:
- Planning and implementation of the assigned projects.
- Maintain the relationship and team building with the different partners.
- Responsible for effective use of project resources such as vehicles while in the field.
- Ensure that the project results are achieved within a stipulated period of time;
- Capacity Building and Training
- Identify stakeholders’ challenges and capacity building needs for training purposes.
- Develop capacity building modules, tools for ensuring quality capacity building / appropriate training.
- Deliver trainings and conduct awareness forums to build capacities of grain actors;
- Facilitate the evaluation of training programmes to assess the quality of capacity building & identify appropriate follow – up actions.
- Warehouse Certification Service
- Working closely with the filed officers and take lead in the warehouse certification process;
- Establish a network of EAGC certified warehouses
- Create linkages between the grain aggregation centers and certified warehouses for long term supply of grains;
- Trade Facilitation / Market Linkages
- Establish and maintain an up to date database of traders, millers, exporters and importers.
- Establishing trade linkages between grain suppliers and buyers through B2B forums among others.
- Facilitate trading of the grain commodities held in the certified warehouses.
- Sensitize and create awareness of the EAGC trade linkage systems including GSoko.
- Carrying out market assessments to identify market information gaps/needs relevant to grain trading e.g. grain supply and demand, grain sources, specific market requirements e.t.c
- Develop linkages with service providers such as banks, insurance companies, input suppliers, transport and logistical companies and coordinate the service delivery to grain actors.
Monitoring & Evaluation:
- Make regular filed visits to review progress of work and ensure that the deliverables are properly met.
- Provide regular updates on project implementation status;
- Work with Monitoring & Evaluation Manager to ensure that the assigned projects are effectively implemented and achieve desired results.
Qualification, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in agriculture (TRADE) marketing, agribusiness
- 3 years relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in warehousing
- Experience in the execution of training programmes and/or working with communities
- Good analytical skills.
If your background and competence match the above specifications, please send your application demonstrating how your qualifications & experience matches our requirements. It should include an updated C.V., your current remuneration package, valid email address, daytime contact number and full contact details of 3 referees including day time telephone number to: email@example.com by 3rd November 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. EAGC is an equal opportunity employer.