REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
|Issue date||Friday, 3rd NOVEMBER, 2017|
|Title||CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE BUSINESS PLANS FOR FARMER OWNED STORAGE FACILITIES|
|Email address for submission of firstname.lastname@example.org
The email address in the synopsis is the sole point of contact at EAGC for any questions.
|Email address for submission of email@example.com
|Deadline for Receipt of Proposals||Wednesday November 8, 2017 at 1700hrs East African Time|
|Anticipated Award Type||Fixed Price Purchase Order.
EAGC anticipates awarding an LPO to the successful bidder for the provision of specific the services or deliverables and is not adjusted if the actual costs are higher or lower than the fixed price amount. Offerors are expected to include all costs, direct and indirect, into their total proposed price.
|Basis for Award||An award will be made based on the experience of the consultant to offer similar services. The award will be issued to the responsible and reasonable offeror who provides the best value to EAGC using a combination of technical and cost/price factors.
Eastern Africa Grain Council (EAGC) is a not for profit limited by guarantee Regional private sector membership organization representing stakeholders in the grain value chain in Eastern and Southern Africa with a vision to be the leading voice of the grain sector in Africa.
The mandate of EAGC is to develop, promote, and influence structured grain trading system in the Eastern Africa region including Tanzania, Rwanda, Kenya, Uganda, Burundi, Ethiopia, South Sudan, Zambia, Malawi and the Democratic Republic of Congo. Some of our program interventions include: Promotion of Regional Structured Grain Trade including Warehouse Receipt Systems; Promotion of Market Information Services through our Regional Agricultural Trade Intelligence Network, RATIN; Capacity building & strategy of stakeholder; Policy advocacy to create an enabling environment for the grain sector to develop and thrive. For more information please visit www.eagc.org, www.ratin.net
The Objective of the consultancy is to prepare viable business plans for ten (10) identified storage facilities.
|3||Huruma- Suwerwa||Trans Nzoia||Cherangany|
|4||Wamuini Soko Huru||Trans Nzoia||Kiminini|
|5||Mama Millers Warehouse||Trans Nzoia||Kiminini|
|6||Nzoia cooperative society||Kakamega||Likuyani|
|7||Ngondi Stores||Tharaka Nithi||Tharaka North|
|8||New Mbeere farmers’ Cooperative||Embu||Mbeere North|
|9||Mateeny Soy||Uasin Gishu||Soy|
|10||Kurur Warehouse||Uasin Gishu||Soy|
- Scope of Work and Tasks
The consultant will work with warehouse owners to provide the following services:
- Review the draft business plans prepared by the warehouse owners and analyze their competitive strategies, financial projections and growth for a period of up to 5 years indicating the expected returns.
- Improve the business the plans and innovatively identify other opportunities that may be undertaken alongside the storage of cereals/pulses for profitability of the business.
- Analyze and improve the financial projections for the storage facilities with reference to the current storage and marketing of cereals/pulses and other potential opportunities that will be proposed and undertaken by the groups.
- Identify critical risks, problems, assumptions and interventions that will mitigate them.
- Propose a management structure for the storage facilities that will ensure it is viability and sustainable.
- Timeframe and deliverables
This consultation is for a period of 30 days running from the time of contract signing and targets individual consultants.
At the end of the contract the consultant should submit the following:
- Inception report to gauge the understanding of the assignment and approve the commencement of the consultancy;
- Proposed a framework on Business plan.
- Written professional opinions/views on the business plans for each proposed storage facility.
- Upon completion of the exercise, the consultant is expected to present the detailed business plans to EAGC for approval.
- An assignment completion report;
- Consultant Qualifications
The ideal candidate should have over 5 years practical experience working in the grain industry; specialized in business development and knowledgeable in developing bankable business and strategic plans. The candidate must further demonstrate a good understanding of agricultural sector in Kenya. Excellent communications and presentation skills are highly desired.