The Eastern Africa Grain Council (EAGC) is a membership-based organization registered in Kenya with country offices in Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi and Rwanda. Our members are key stakeholders and players in the grain value chain including cereal growers, millers and processors drawn from within the Eastern Africa Region and beyond. Our core mandate is to develop and promote orderly structured marketing systems and provide market information for grains so as to reduce transaction costs and eliminate barriers’ to regional trade
In July 2015, EAGC launched the G-Soko System- an electronic system comprising of a network of systems with different functionalities- automation system for tracking grain bulking and warehousing, warehouse certification, virtual trading platform, market information system, quality control system and structured trade finance. EAGC services also include the ICT based RATIN Market Information System, Regional Food Balance Sheet and various websites including the new Financial Management System, SAP Business One.
We seek to fill the above position with an individual who will ensure the optimal performance of the all the G-Soko Platform Services including but not limited to Applications, Access; Traffic Routing; Subscriptions; Storage; Data Management; Backup & Recovery; IOT; and Integrations.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties amongst others:
- G-Soko Platform Hosting Management
- Ensure all Cloud and Application resources are committable, operable, or usable upon demand to perform its designated or required function.
- Manage resource’s accessibility, reliability, maintainability, serviceability, and securability
- Ensure the Ability of the Platforms and Applications to perform their designated functions, whenever required.
- Meet and Exceed Uptime and Availability SLAs.
- Track and Administer the Platform, Application and User Authentication
- Deploy Mobile Device Management Tools to All Mobile Client Users.
- Design, Track and Maintain the Backup, Recovery and Disaster Management of all Servers, Instances, Subscriptions, Databases, Applications, ADs, etc.
- Manage the Uptime of All G-Soko Cloud, Trade, Warehouse and Mobile Applications.
- G-Soko Load Management
- Track and Maintain the Load Balancing at both the Platform and Application levels
- Manage and Administer the Traffic Routing of Requests, Documents, Commands and other core functions of the Enterprise Application
- Identify and plan ahead for Load increments
- ICT Systems Trouble Shooting
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis for all system and application errors and/or failures
- Support the level 3 support processes towards problem resolution
- Track, Monitor and Resolve any Degradation in Service across the platforms and applications
- Hands-on design execution of problem resolution
- Conduct Field Visits to validate root cause and complex problem resolution
- Perform risk assessments and execute tests of data processing system to ensure functioning of data processing activities and security measures.
- Develop and document risk management system for the G-Soko system including formulating plans for emergency recovery measures.
- Monitor and Evaluate the Quality of Service of entire Platforms Services.
- Develop and deploy auto recovery procedures
- Databases Subscription Management
- Design, Track and Maintain the Data Management processes at both the G-Soko Platform and Application Levels
- Design, Track and Maintain the Subscription Management of Client Infrastructure, Instances , Applications and Users
- Database Management of other EAGC IT Systems.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Master degree in Computer Science or related degree.
- 5+ years’ experience in information technology management
- Comprehensive understanding of network architecture and client/server technology
- Software development abilities preferred
- Strong problem solving and communication skills required.
If your background and competence match the above specifications, please send your application demonstrating how your qualifications & experience matches our requirements. It should include an updated C.V., your current remuneration package, valid email address, daytime contact number and full contact details of 3 referees including day time telephone number to: email@example.com by 15th December 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. EAGC is an equal opportunity employer.