REF NO. EAGC/UG/HR/2018-001
The Eastern Africa Grain Council (EAGC) is a membership-based organization registered in Kenya with country offices in Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi and Rwanda. Our members are key stakeholders and players in the grain value chain including cereal growers, millers and processors drawn from within the Eastern Africa Region and beyond. Our core mandate is to develop and promote orderly structured marketing systems and provide market information for grains so as to reduce transaction costs and eliminate barriers’ to regional trade
We seek to fill the advertised position with an individual who is analytical, has good organizational skills, and is capable of working independently and as part of a team. The successful candidate should be highly professional, self-motivated and a proven high achiever.
Reporting to the Country Program Manager, the successful candidate will be based in Uganda and will be responsible for the following amongst others:
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparing supplier payments and submission for authorization in accordance with the finance policy on payments.
- Recording authorized transactions in the accounting system and ensures efficient, proper and transparent financial filing systems of all documents relating to finance are maintained.
- Prepare receipts for all income received from Customers and recording promptly in the accounting system.
- Debtor and Supplier Management
- Prepare Customer Invoices and follow up on the payment.
- Ensure that all supplier payments are completed with the credit policy terms agreed with suppliers.
- Maintain, update and continually reconcile the Debtor and Supplier Statements.
- Financial Reporting & Budgeting
- Prepare and examine accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports and ensure accuracy, completeness and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations within the timelines for all bank accounts.
- Carrying out banking activities and managing relationship between EAGC and the banks.
- Budgeting and budget management in liaison with the program teams.
- Preparing the staff payroll and remittance of all statutory deductions in compliance with the regulations.
- Timely Remittance of staff pension benefits and PAYE with the relevant authorities.
- Adherence Internal Controls
- Coordinate internal and external audit activities at Country level to ensure a successful audit.
- Ensuring compliance and enforcement of internal policies, donor regulations and budget restrictions on all projects.
- Ensure that proper authorization is obtained for all fund disbursements.
Qualification, Skills and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounts, Finance or related field
- ACCA/CPA Professional Qualifications
- At least 3 years relevant work experience
- Proficiency in computer applications such as MS Office and Accounting software packages.
- Strong knowledge and experience of institutional donor funding requirements
- Team player.
- High integrity, initiative and highly organised.
- Capacity to manage several tasks simultaneously, be flexible and be willing to assume a range of unanticipated assignments.