REF NO. EAGC/UG/HR/2018-004
The Eastern Africa Grain Council (EAGC) is a membership-based organization registered in Kenya with country offices in Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi and Rwanda. Our members are key stakeholders and players in the grain value chain including cereal growers, millers and processors drawn from within the Eastern Africa Region and beyond. Our core mandate is to develop and promote orderly structured marketing systems and provide market information for grains so as to reduce transaction costs and eliminate barriers’ to regional trade
We seek to fill the advertised position with an individual who will provide safe and efficient transportation of staff to and from various destinations and carry our messenger services.
Reporting to the Country Program Manager, the successful candidate will be based in Uganda and will be responsible for the following amongst others:
- Ensuring safe transportation of clients to and from various destinations.
- Planning routes and requirements by keeping a schedule or ad-hoc requests by the staff to ensure efficiency
- Ensuring the vehicles is regularly maintained.
- Checking safety of the vehicle to ensure day to day maintenance.
- Keeping track of fuel consumption and vehicle servicing.
- Completing and updating the log book of the vehicle on a daily basis for proper recording of mileage.
- Reporting all damages to the vehicles.
- Ensuring the vehicle is clean at all times.
- Ensuring safe keeping of vehicle and it’s accessories.
- Providing a monthly usage report.
- Collection and delivery of official documents.
- Delivery of mail.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Certificate of Secondary Education.
- Clean and Valid driver’s license class BCEFG.
- 5 years driving/riding experience.
- Solid experience in defensive driving.
- Well trained in traffic safety and highway codes.
- Well conversant with Uganda streets and its environs.
- Ability to communicate fluently, written and spoken English.
- Good interpersonal skills, flexible and a team player.
- Honest, high integrity, confidentiality and ability to work under minimal supervision