REF NO. EAGC/UG/HR/2018-002
The Eastern Africa Grain Council (EAGC) is a membership-based organization registered in Kenya with country offices in Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi and Rwanda. Our members are key stakeholders and players in the grain value chain including cereal growers, millers and processors drawn from within and outside the East Africa States. Our core mandate is to develop and promote orderly structured marketing systems and provide market information for grains so as to reduce transaction costs and eliminate barriers’ to regional trade
We seek to fill the advertised position with an individual who is analytical, has good organizational skills, development skills, and is capable of working independently or as part of a team. The successful candidate should be highly professional, self motivated and a proven high achiever with good leadership skills.
Reporting to the Country Programs Manager, the successful candidate will be based in Uganda and will be responsible for the following amongst others:
Key Duties/ Responsibilities
- Office Management
- Managing incoming and outgoing information in the Country office to ensure accurate database for future reference and speedy retrieval.
- Maintaining an efficient and up-to-date EAGC filing system that is secure, accurate and easy to retrieve. This involves maintaining programs files, CPC papers, donors’ reports, programs annual reports and work-plans in soft and hard copies.
- Assisting the Country Program Manager in preparing Country Programs Committee papers or papers for any other meeting.
- Procurement & Logistical Support
- Provide logistical support to the team for both local and international travel.
- Giving information to staff, members, partners and all stakeholders on upcoming events/meetings to assist in their planning and attendance.
- Liaising with relevant staff in head office, external organizations etc. to effectively arrange meetings, prepare agendas and draft minutes to ensure timely and accurate communication to participants.
- Ensure proper procurement procedures are adhered to at all times, including maintaining of vendor contracts, lease agreements, and any other service contracts as may be required.
- Provide support in procurement at Country level and assist in raising requisitions, sourcing for quotations, developing bid analsyis and follow up with the Program Administration manager to ensure LPO’s are sent to suppliers on time.
- General Office Administration
- Ensuring smooth running of the office in the absence of the Country Programs Manager.
- Organizing for office stationery, handling simple procurement requests and issue correct documentation.
- Support organization of EAGC activities e.g. business fair, summit, conferences, members forums and workshops.
- Liaise with facilities as necessary with regards to office requirements.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Degree in Business Management, training in Secretarial or related field.
- Experience in providing administrative and logistical support
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point),
- Good communication & interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and the capacity for multi-tasking
- Problem solving skills