REF NO. EAGC/UG/HR/2018-003
The Eastern Africa Grain Council (EAGC) is a membership-based organization registered in Kenya with country offices in Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi and Rwanda. Our members are key stakeholders and players in the grain value chain including cereal growers, millers and processors drawn from within the Eastern Africa Region and beyond. Our core mandate is to develop and promote orderly structured marketing systems and provide market information for grains so as to reduce transaction costs and eliminate barriers’ to regional trade
We seek to fill the above position with an individual whose main responsibility is to provide program support in all monitoring and evaluation activities, including data collection, data analysis, synthesis of data from varied sources, writing and editing of project reports, and training of relevant staff.
Reporting to the Country Programs Manager, the successful candidate will be based in Uganda and will be responsible for the following duties amongst others:
Key Duties & Responsibilities
M& E System Management
- Work closely with the M&E Manager to clarify impacts/ results and develop quality programmes/ projects M&E framework
- Develop and implement performance monitoring plans
- In liaison with the Country Program Manager and M&E Manager, develop tools for data collection in line with the indicators defined in the M&E systems and the results measurement plan.
- Guide project staff and other implementing partners on the implementation of the M&E system.
- Data Management
- Work with the M&E team to develop a database templates for project data capture
- Take lead in the collection, validation and updating of data sets of projects implementation progress and impacts.
- Maintain and up to date database of EAGC interventions and keep all original data safe and confidential at all times
- Monitoring & Reporting
- Undertake regular visits to the field to monitor activities progress, achievement of results and documentation of stories of success on project implementation
- Spot check implementation of trainings and other project activities conducted by both project staff and any other consultant, and provide findings and recommendations to the Country Program Manager
- Facilitate reviews, evaluations and impact assessments by the donors or any other partners
- Work with the Country Program Manager to prepare regular monthly progress reports for sharing with the EAGC management
- Prepare M&E reports as per donor/funding partner requirements for review by the Country program Manager
- Review activity reports against work plans and expected results and prepare reports.
Qualification, Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in statistics, Quantitative Economics, Project Management, or other relevant academic background (essential)
- Proven Skills in Monitoring and Evaluation of projects (essential)
- Proven experience in information analysis and report writing;
- High standard for computer literacy with good knowledge of Excel and other statistical packages;
- Demonstrated ability to train and build capacity of stakeholders and staff
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Download the document…