Eastern Africa Grain Council (EAGC) is a membership not-for-profit organization founded in 2006 to serve the interests of the grain value chain stakeholders in the Eastern Africa region. Its membership comprises of all levels of the value chain including input suppliers, producers, traders and processors. The overarching goal of the Council is to contribute to the integration of national and regional grain markets, and by so doing increase market access and incomes for the grain value chain stakeholders, especially the smallholder farmers.
The Council’s thrust is to develop and promote a structured grain trading systems that stimulates backward and forward linkages between the various levels of value chain actors resulting in increased opportunities for the smallholder farmers to participate in formal structured grain markets. To achieve these objectives, EAGC has been implementing the GSoko system intended to link grain suppliers and buyers across East Africa through a structured market mechanism.
To better raise public awareness of our work, strengthen our partnerships and improve our efforts in structures trade, EAGC would like to produce a video documentary on the GSoko that is being implemented by the organization. The documentary will focus on the impact of GSoko’s work by highlighting significant success stories of beneficiaries of the intervention across the entire spectrum.
The overall objective of the assignment is to develop a GSoko documentary that will communicate to grain stakeholders about the benefits of the GSoko system.
The consultancy firm will be required to:-
- Develop the documentary film overall GSoko concept and scenario/ successes and lessons to date;
- Interview selected GSoko users for the film who will include actual beneficiaries- farmers operating aggregation centers, warehouse operators certified and operating under the system and grain buyers who have utilized the system.
- Visit the GSoko sites and interact with the beneficiaries who’ve been impacted by the system to get context.
- Develop the storyboard and script to be used in the film.
- Perform appropriate video filming and shoot interviews.
- Produce two FINAL documentaries; 30 minutes long documentary (GSoko concept and scenario/ successes and lessons) and 15 minutes long showcasing the GSoko successes and lessons only.
- Present a draft documentary to EAGC for comments about contents.
- Produce FINAL documentaries.
- Meeting with GSoko users to collect and film data;
- Submit a storyboard and script for the documentary to the EAGC;
- Present a draft documentary to the EAGC after incorporation of all comments and views;
- Produce an edited Video Recording of the scenarios captured, and the footage of the recorded stories;
- Present the 15 min documentary film version with English voice-overs and sub-titles by 10th March 2018
- Present the 30 min documentary film version with English voice-overs and sub-titles by 25th March 2018;
- Hand over two master copies of each version to the EAGC.
The Documentaries must also be delivered in packages compatible with contemporary media equipment and applications.
DURATION OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The assignment is expected to take 25 working days from the date of signing the contract.
The successful firm will be expected to work in close collaboration with the EAGC from planning stage to ensure that the message for and from the products are well understood, taken and implemented properly on the right track.
The edited documentary films as well as all footage filmed for this assignment will be the sole property of the EAGC.
SUPPORT AND FACILITATION
EAGC, as the Client, shall provide necessary support to the Consultancy firm in order to execute the assignment during the duration of the Consultancy. The support shall include:-
- Access to relevant information on product development;
- General introductory letters to interviewees and stakeholders;
- Help in identification and location of interviewees, as well as sites for filming the documentary
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCES
The media firm should have the following qualifications and competencies:-
- Proven and extensive experience in producing video films relating marketing and promotional matters.
- Experience in working with EAGC is an added advantage;
- Excellent technical capacities to ensure smooth and high-quality production. This includes, and not limited to, video production staff, own video production studio and related equipment;
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Proposals should include the following:
- A Technical Proposal in form of a letter stating why you consider your firm suitable for the assignment;
- Brief methodology on the approach and implementation of the assignment;
- Personal CVs of technical personnel proposed for this project highlighting qualifications and experience in similar projects;
- Work references – contact details (email addresses) of referees (firms for whom you have produced similar assignments);
- A DETAILED list of equipment and facilities owned or available to the consultancy firm to facilitate delivery of the assignment.
- Financial Proposal indicating consultancy fee and a breakdown of expenses (unit price in Kenya shillings together with any other expenses) related to the assignment;