Eastern Africa Grain Council (EAGC) is a membership-based organization registered in Kenya with country offices in Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi and Rwanda. Our members are key stakeholders and players in the grain value chain including cereal growers, millers and processors drawn from within the Eastern Africa Region and beyond. Our core mandate is to develop and promote orderly structured marketing systems and provide market information for grains so as to reduce transaction costs and eliminate barriers’ to regional trade
We seek to fill the above position with an individual whose main responsibility will be execution of EAGC Communication and Membership strategies and workplans including but not limited to data mining, analysis, packaging and dissemination of marketing information and management of EAGC’s membership subscriptions
Reporting to the Regional Manager, Market Information Systems and Communication, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties amongst others:
- Communication Management
- Drafting and editing speeches, blogs, articles, infographics, opinion pieces, press releases, backgrounders, media advisories, newsletters, communiques and marketing materials, liaising directly with Program Teams to source relevant content.
- Managing the production of printed materials such as program leaflets, Annual Reports, Grain Trade Directory.
- Implementing EAGC’S internal and external Communication Strategies which include but not limited to : RATIN, GSOKO, Laboratory, Aggregation Centers, GSOKO Directory
- Developing weekly and monthly members updates, Quarterly Grain Newsletters and Annual EAGC Wins and circulating to members
- Management of Social Media
- Managing EAGC social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn) by developing and updating the EAGC social media guidelines and strategy
- Monitoring and evaluating EAGC social media activity to ensure maximum effectiveness.
- Managing the day-to-day running of the EAGC websites ensuring content is updated and relevant.
- Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification
- Provide new content and review for out-of-date content, requesting changes as needed
3. Media and Public Relations
- Manage 7 monitor EAGC publicity, media engagements and public relations.
- Develop media kits to promote publicity of EAGC.
- Organize media interviews for EAGC spokes persons.
- Cultivate strong relationships with the regional/local media and preparing staff and Directors in delivery of EAGC messages.
- Coordinate branding at EAGC events
- Maintaining an updated calendar of key activities and events for EAGC members
- Overseeing communications assets and resources
- Managing the collection, use and storage of a range of communication assets and resources including members and partner logos, images, video and audio recordings, publicity materials, case studies, research reports, testimonials, documentaries and statistics.
- Liaising with photographers and videographers to secure coverage of EAGC work with Grain stakeholders and partners.
- Managing EAGC Library system to ensure an updated inventory for corporate publications and promotional materials.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or related field.
- Proven working experience in execution of marketing information and communication strategies ,social media or related field at least three years
- Excellent consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge
- Adequate knowledge of web design, web development, CRO and SEO Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels
- Positive attitude, detail and customer oriented with good multitasking and organizational ability
- Good command and Fluency in English
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Proven experience of using MS office suite and desktop publishing software
- High integrity, initiative and highly organized.
If your background and competence matches the above specifications, please send your application demonstrating how your qualifications & experience matches our requirements. It should include an updated C.V., your current remuneration package, valid email address, daytime contact number and full contact details of 3 referees including day time telephone number to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 9th March 2018 Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. EAGC is an equal opportunity employer.