|Issue date||Tuesday, May 22, 2018|
|Title||EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR PROJECT ASSISTANT – FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM (FMIS)|
|Submission of Proposalemail@example.com|
|Deadline for Receipt of Proposals||Friday,1st June 2018 at 1700hrs East African Time|
|Anticipated Award Type||Fixed Price Consultancy Contract.
EAGC anticipates awarding a contract to the successful bidder for the provision of specific services or deliverables. The amount will not to be adjusted if the actual costs are higher or lower than the fixed price amount. Offerors should include all costs, direct and indirect, into their total proposed price.
|Basis for Award||The award will be made based on the experience of the individual to offer similar services. The award will be issued to the responsible and reasonable offeror who provides the best value to EAGC using a combination of technical and cost/price factors.|
Eastern Africa Grain Council (EAGC) is a not for profit limited by guarantee Regional private sector membership organization representing stakeholders in the grain value chain in Eastern and Southern Africa with a vision to be the leading voice of the grain sector in Africa.
The mandate of EAGC is to develop, promote, and influence structured grain trading system in the Eastern Africa region including Tanzania, Rwanda, Kenya, Uganda, Burundi, Ethiopia, South Sudan, Zambia, Malawi and the Democratic Republic of Congo. Some of our program interventions include: Promotion of Regional Structured Grain Trade including Warehouse Receipt Systems; Promotion of Market Information Services through our Regional Agricultural Trade Intelligence Network, RATIN; Capacity building & strategy of stakeholder; Policy advocacy to create an enabling environment for the grain sector to develop and thrive. For more information, please visit www.eagc.org, www.ratin.net
- BACKGROUND TO THE ASSIGNMENT
EAGC is in the process of developing a new Financial Management Information System, SAP Businesss One to replace the existing accounting system, Quick books. The development was awarded to Wavetec through a competitive procurement process in August 2017 to acquire SAP Business one. Wavetec in partnership with Bluekey Sedoir the implementing firm are at the advance configuration phase following the blue print sign off. This phase is one of the most critical because it involves configuration of the Master data information, chart of accounts, budget templates, importation of the mock balances and finally the Go-live.
- OBJECTIVE OF THE ASSESSMENT
The overall objective of the position is to provide support in gathering the required information and reports necessary for successful development of the system. The Project Assistant will complete the new system templates with data required as input in developing the structure of the system. The position will be cover activities required in the successful development and implementation of the system specifically checking accuracy of data, providing the support in updating the master data and reporting the progress.
Specific objectives are:
- Verify the system configurations to confirm that they agree to the signed blue print document.
- Update the existing Master data with additional information for completeness and accuracy of back borne information.
- Prepare and complete the templates for account balances to be migrated and uploaded in the system for the Mock and finally Go live phases.
- Carryout test entries to check that the effect on the general ledger and reports is accurate and the expected result of the process.
- Review the reports and customized stationery templates and that confirm that the information captured is complete and in agreement with the blue print.
- Monitor and report the progress of the system development activities to guide make decisions.
The Project Assistant will be required to deliver the following;
- Review the System configurations and report on the accuracy and conformity to the blue print document.
- Accurate migration of the account balances from Quick books to SAP Business one.
- Update and ensure completeness and accuracy of the Master data including Customer, Supplier and Business Partner information, Chart of Accounts, Customized stationery, and customized reports.
- Submit on a timely basis the information required for the system development.
- DURATION OF ASSIGNMENT:
The assignment will take 3 months from the commencement date that shall be specified in the Contract.
- QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Professional qualification in accounting and finance with at least 3 years’ experience in implementing customized financial management information systems.
- Working experience in development and implementation of ERP Financial Management Information Systems preferably SAP Business One.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and French
- Strong analytical capabilities.
- SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Interested individuals shall submit their applications and curriculum vitae demonstrating the required specifications and qualifications for the position.
- SUBMISSION OF QUESTIONS
Deadline for submission of any enquiries and clarification on the EOI should be sent by 28th May 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org