Eastern Africa Grain Council (EAGC) is a regional membership-based organization whose members are grain value chain stakeholders including grain farmer groups, grain Traders, Processors and other associated members such as service providers, finance institutions and logistics. The members are drawn from the countries in the Eastern Africa region including Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, South Sudan, Malawi and Zambia. Our core mandate is to develop and promote orderly structured marketing systems and provide market information for grains so as to reduce transaction costs and eliminate barriers’ to regional trade. EAGC interventions are through key service pillars including Policy Advocacy, Capacity Building & Training through the Eastern Africa Grain Institute (EAGI),provision of Market Information through EAGC RATIN (www.ratin.net) and facilitation Structured Grain Trade through the EAGC G-Soko online grain trade system (www.gsoko.com).
We seek to fill the above position, to be based in our newly established office in DR Congo, with an individual whose main responsibility is to provide leadership, management and supervision of all aspects of EAGC program activities in DR Congo, with an objective of developing markets for grain commodities.
Reporting to the Regional Programs Coordinator, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties amongst others:
- Country Program Management
Develop & implement the country strategic and annual work plans that are aligned to the EAGC overall strategic plan for all services:
- Membership Recruitment
- Structured Trading
- Market Information
- Training & Capacity Building
- Policy Advocacy
- Work closely with the Regional Team to develop fee-based services, and other income generating activities aimed at the achievement of the country’s strategic plan.
- Relationship, Partnership and Representation
- Establish and develop regular working relationships with host government authorities, partners and grain sector stakeholders.
- Performance & Reporting Management
- Prepare and submit periodic performance reports for review by Senior Management Team.
- Work closely with the Regional Team to Develop the fundraising/grant proposals.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualification, Skills and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Agri-business Management, Economics, Business Administration, or related field (a master’s degree will be an added advantage)
- 5 years’ experience in the agricultural or grain sector in a similar or comparable role.
- Good report writing, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Donor Intelligence and Fund Raising skills.
- Fluency in English & French (Written and Verbal Communication)
- High integrity, initiative and highly organised.
- Capacity to flexibly manage several tasks.
- Team player with strong leadership skills.
If your background and competence match the above specifications, please send your application demonstrating how your qualifications & experience matches our requirements. It should include an updated C.V., your current remuneration package, valid email address, daytime contact number and full contact details of 3 referees including day time telephone number to: email@example.com by close of business on 1st June 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. EAGC is an equal opportunity employer.