The Eastern Africa Grain Council (EAGC) (www.eagc.org)is a regional private sector membership Not-for-Profit organization founded in 2006 and registered as a company limited by guarantee. The Council’s operations span over 10 countries in Eastern Africa region including Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, DR Congo, Zambia, Malawi, Ethiopia and South Sudan. Our members are key stakeholders and players in the grain value chain including cereal growers, millers and processors. Our core mandate is to develop and promote orderly structured marketing systems and provide market information for grains so as to reduce transaction costs and eliminate barriers to regional trade. Our interventions are through key service pillars including Policy Advocacy, Capacity Building & Training through the Eastern Africa Grain Institute (EAGI),provision of Market Information through EAGC RATIN (www.ratin.net) and facilitation Structured Grain Trade through the EAGC G-Soko online grain trade system (www.gsoko.com)
We seek to hire a Regional Finance Manager who will be responsible for the financial health of EAGC. You will be expected to develop and implement the necessary strategies, policies, systems and processes that facilitate effective and efficient implementation of programs and services to achieve the objectives of EAGC while also safeguarding our financial resources, ensure the organization can meets is financial obligations and promote financial sustainability.
Reporting to the Executive Director and working with individuals based both at our Regional head office and in the country offices, you will have the following key responsibilities.
- Develop/review and enforce regional financial policies, procedures and guidelines that ensure compliance with statutory requirements in each country of operation, the maintenance of appropriate books of accounts, and embedded with the necessary controls.
- Lead the financial planning process for the Council including financial strategic planning, budgeting, support fundraising activities, cash-flow planning, treasury management to maximize returns, etc
- Support the development of new ventures such as partnerships, new business streams, etc by providing thorough assessments of their financial viability and sustainability
- Manage the financial performance of the Council to include financial monitoring & evaluation, facilitating pre and post internal and external audits, and the provision of various progress and monitoring reports to the various stakeholders
- Manage tax matters regionally to ensure compliance and minimize the Council’s exposure
- Develop and implement systems that facilitate report generation for internal use and for our various stakeholders including Board papers, statutory and partners reports.
- Manage relationships effectively with the various stakeholders in the region including banks, government institutions as necessary, Council members, business partners, development partners, etc.
- Manage the departmental staff including participating in their recruitment, induction, performance management, training and development as well as discipline management.
- Build the capacity of Council staff on financial matters to enable them plan and manage the financial aspects of their work and comply with the financial policies and procedures.
- Facilitating efficient Structured Inclusive and profitable grain Trade in Eastern Africa.
Academic and professional Qualifications and experience required
- Masters degree preferably in business and a degree in finance/accounting and full professional qualification such as CPA or ACCA
- 10 years relevant work experience which should include experience in the Eastern African region and an understanding of the various financial and tax compliance requirements
- Experience of designing and implementing effective financial systems and controls for efficient financial management and performance monitoring;
- Relationship management, project finance management and report writing particularly experience in donor reporting.
- Computer literate.
- Team player, people leadership-achieving results through people.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- High integrity, initiative and business acumen.
- Highly organized with the capacity to manage several tasks simultaneously, be flexible and be willing to assume a range of unanticipated assignments.
How to apply:
Apply Now via our recruitment portal. This will require you to create a profile; in addition attach your detailed and up to date CV with your contact details, details of current and expected remuneration and the names of three professional referees by close of business 11th June 2018.