The Eastern Africa Grain Council (EAGC) (www.eagc.org)is a regional private sector membership Not-for-Profit organization founded in 2006 and registered as a company limited by guarantee. The Council’s operations span over 10 countries in Eastern Africa region including Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, DR Congo, Zambia, Malawi, Ethiopia and South Sudan. Our members are key stakeholders and players in the grain value chain including cereal growers, millers and processors. Our core mandate is to develop and promote orderly structured marketing systems and provide market information for grains so as to reduce transaction costs and eliminate barriers to regional trade. Our interventions are through key service pillars including Policy Advocacy, Capacity Building & Training through the Eastern Africa Grain Institute (EAGI),provision of Market Information through EAGC RATIN (www.ratin.net) and facilitation Structured Grain Trade through the EAGC G-Soko online grain trade system (www.gsoko.com)
Achieving this mandate in today’s tech savvy world requires, indeed dictates that we have in place ICT systems that continuously meet the ever-changing needs of both our internal and external stakeholders. In July 2015, we launched the G-Soko System, an electronic system comprising of a network of systems with different functionalities, for tracking grain bulking, grain intake and aggregation and storage, warehouse inspection and certification, virtual trading platform, clearing and settlement, quality control system and structured trade finance. We also have the ICT based RATIN Market Information System offering various products. In addition, we have various websites, a new Financial Management System, SAP Business One and various other ICT applications.
The Regional ICT Manager that we seek will not only manage these systems in their different platforms but will also have responsibility for our ICT strategy, ensuring that we are equipped to effectively serve our stakeholders and are facilitated to achieve our strategic goals. Reporting to the Executive Director, you will be responsible for the following:
- Preparation of a costed ICT strategy that is aligned to the 2018 – 2022 Strategic Plan and present for review and approval.
- Preparation and execution of an ICT Policy that ensures data and network security, the security of the ICT Systems and responsible use of applications.
- Preparation and enforcement of a disaster management policy that ensures business continuity, timely return to normalcy and risk mitigation
- Effective management of the various ICT systems including but not limited to G-Soko, RATIN and the Regional Food Balance Sheet ensuring that the needs of Council’s external stakeholders are met.
- Maintenance of our various websites, our business applications and our network infrastructure ensuring that Council can deliver on its objectives
- Management of third party service providers including but not limited to their selection and the negotiation and enforcement of Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Continuous assessment of user needs and ensuring these are addressed. This will include training needs analysis, training delivery, software development or upgrades, development of interfaces, etc.
- Management of the departmental staff including participating in their recruitment, induction, performance management, training and development as well as discipline management.
- Preparation of the various reports as required by the organization that help track the implementation of the ICT Strategy, the performance of the various systems and the organization’s overall performance.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Masters degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 10 years work experience in information technology with 3-5 years’ at management level
- Comprehensive understanding of network architecture and client/server technology
- Experience in management of ICT infrastructure projects
- Experience of managing ICT across countries or branch offices is a definite advantage
- Software development abilities preferred
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Proven people management skills
- High integrity, initiative and business acumen.
- Highly organized with the capacity to manage several tasks simultaneously, be flexible and be willing to assume a range of unanticipated assignments.
How to apply:
Apply Now via our recruitment portal. This will require you to create a profile; in addition attach your detailed and up to date CV with your contact details, details of current and expected remuneration and the names of three professional referees by close of business 11th June 2018.