Eastern Africa Grain Council (EAGC) is a regional membership organization for the grain value chain in the Eastern Africa region. Its objective is to facilitate efficient, Structured and Profitable Grain Trading Systems in the Eastern and Southern Africa.
EAGC, in partnership with Global Communities, is implementing the Agribusiness Investment for Market Stimulation (AIMS) program which is funded by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and intends to increase agricultural trade through improving access of small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) in agribusiness and farmer organizations to markets and financing in Kenya, Tanzania and Malawi.
In the past 3 years, EAGC under the AIMS program has undertaken several interventions with the grain value chain actors including training of SMEs, facilitating business to business linkage forums and training of financial institutions on Warehouse Receipt and Structured Commodity Finance.
EAGC in partnership with the Global Communities now desires to undertake an annual Data Collection exercise that will assist in analyzing the impact of the interventions on the businesses of the beneficiaries. To effectively manage the exercise the target areas as been zoned as indicated below with the number of Assistants required for each region:
- Arusha ,Moshi and Tanga- 1
- Morogoro, Pwani, Dar es Saalam-3
- Iringa, Mbeya, Njombe- 3
- Dodoma,Singinda and Manyara-2
- Mwanza, Shinyanga, Mara/Geita-3
We are therefore looking for qualified individuals residing in these areas to assist in the data collection as enumerators, for approximately 10 days starting 6th August to 24th August 2018. The eligible individuals must be able to commute to the data collection locations and back on a daily basis as accommodation will not be provided except in special cases.
Required qualifications, skills and experience.
- A minimum of diploma or graduate in a relevant field or degree ( University students seeking internships are also eligible)
- Must be a residence of the geographical region where program beneficiaries are located.
- Must be able to understand the geography of the region very well including sub-regions, sub-locations and villages.
- Ability to communicate and understand written and spoken English, Kiswahili and the Local Native Language of the target location
- Prior experience in data field data collection will be an added advantage
To apply, fill the below form and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please Quote the Vacancy title and your geographical Location (E.g Enumerator – Moshi) on the email subject while sending your application.To be received not later than 20th July 2018.