The Eastern Africa Grain Council (EAGC) is a membership-based organization registered in Kenya with country offices in Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi and Rwanda. Our members are key stakeholders and players in the grain value chain including cereal growers, millers and processors drawn from within the Eastern Africa Region and beyond. Our core mandate is to develop and promote orderly structured marketing systems and provide market information for grains so as to reduce transaction costs and eliminate barriers’ to regional trade
We seek to fill the above position with an individual whose main responsibility is to provide overall implementation, support and co-ordination of EAGC programs and services in Tanzania.
Reporting to the Country Programs Manager, the successful candidate will be based in Arusha, Tanzania and will be responsible for the following duties amongst others:
Key Duties/ Responsibilities
- Membership Recruitment and Retention
- Work together with the Country Programs Manager to implement a membership recruitment and retention strategy including management of relationships and ensuring member satisfaction through regular contact and prompt resolution of arising issues
- Recruitment of Members in Northern Tanzania
- Ensure service delivery and communication on a timely and regular basis for all EAGC Members
- Maintain an accurate and updated members list for the zone and appraise the Country Program Manager on changes
- Keep track of membership subscription renewals and issue statements and invoices for members with the zone
- Profile existing members and keep track of their needs and specific interests in EAGC and membership satisfaction
- Support members’ events e.g. Annual General Meeting, Members forums and meetings etc
- Program Implementation
- Work closely with the Country Programs Manager to implement the country strategic and annual work plans that are aligned to the EAGC overall strategic plan in Northern Tanzania.
- Work with the Country Programs Manager & Regional MIS and Communication Manager in the implementation of the in-country communication and marketing strategy and provision of Market Intelligence Services in the Northern zone of Tanzania.
- Work with the Country Programs Manager and the Regional Manager, Structured Trading Systems (STS) to implement the STS Initiatives in the area of operation.
- Work with the Country Manager and the EAGI Manager to implement the Capacity Building and training activities in Northern Tanzania.
- Support the Country Program Manager and Policy Analyst to implement policy and advocacy in Northern Tanzania
- Support the Country Program Manager in promotion, direct marketing and advertising of EAGC fee-based services.
- To manage the EAGC Member events e.g. Agribusiness Expo in Northern Tanzania.
- Institutional Strengthening
- Engagement with Partners supporting EAGC Programs and strengthen EAGC engagement with Program partners in Northern Tanzania.
- Fundraising and resource mobilization among partners and Members
- Support in developing new programs in Northern Tanzania based on the Strategic plan, Mission and Vision of EAGC
- Effective Financial Management and Internal Process
- Execute EAGC strategy following effective internal process and procedure
- Develop regular and timely reports as per the requirements
- In consultation with the Country Program manager, support commercial services and revenue generation for Activities in Norther Tanzania
- Effective management of EAGC resources and expenses and timely reporting on all financial expenses as per the internal procedures.
- Learning and Development
- Demonstrate continuous learning and skills to execute EAGC Activities.
- Regular documentation of the lessons learned in program implementation to guide in program review and strategic growth.
- Support in Monitoring and evaluation, Data Collection and reporting of all EAGC programs in a timely manner.
Academic and professional Qualifications and experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, agribusiness or related agricultural field
- 5 years relevant work experience.
- Experience in working with agricultural sector stakeholders.
- Ability to develop a close & strong relationship with a variety of stakeholders and partners.
- Excellent organizational, coordination and time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English & Kiswahili).
- A problem solver; team player; independent thinker and self driven person who takes initiative.
- Demonstrated knowledge in use of Ms Office suite
If your background and competence match the above specifications, please send your application demonstrating how your qualifications & experience matches our requirements. It should include an updated C.V., your current remuneration package, valid email address, daytime contact number and full contact details of 3 referees including day time telephone number to: email@example.com by 3rd September 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. EAGC is an equal opportunity employer.