The Eastern Africa Grain Council (EAGC) is a membership-based organization registered in Kenya with country offices in Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi and Rwanda. Our members are key stakeholders and players in the grain value chain including cereal growers, millers and processors drawn from within the Eastern Africa Region and beyond. Our core mandate is to develop and promote orderly structured marketing systems and provide market information for grains so as to reduce transaction costs and eliminate barriers’ to regional trade
We seek to fill the above position with an individual whose main responsibility is to provide execute the Structured Trading Systems activities that facilitate grain aggregation and storage as well as facilitate market linkages in the local and international markets with the aim of meeting market demand for grain and the approved quality standards.
Reporting to the Country Programs Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties amongst others:
- Structured Trading Systems
- Work closely with the Country Programs Manager to implement the country strategic and annual work plans that are aligned to the EAGC overall strategic plan in
- Work with the Country Programs Manager and the Regional Manager, Structured Trading Systems (STS) to implement the STS Initiatives in the area of operation.
- Support the Country Program Manager in promotion, direct marketing and advertising of EAGC fee-based services.
- Create awareness on and adoption of EAC quality standards
- Identification and establishment and certification of grain aggregation centres for farmers and small traders.
- Market Linkages
- Planning, developing and executing the marketing activities including identifying potential markets for commodities leading to increased market exposure for members.
- Establishing and maintaining an up to date database of traders, exporters and importers in the local and regional markets.
- Establishing market linkages and buyers for the commodity held in the warehouses.
- Sensitizing and creating awareness of the EAGC trading platform.
- Collecting and relaying market information including price information, grain supply and demand and grain sources.
- Involved in market research and regular collection of data on grains sales/volumes etc.
- Analyse markets and market opportunities, examine existing and potential market conditions.
- Develop linkages with service providers such as insurance companies and transport and logistical companies and provide oversight during service delivery on behalf of Members.
- Organize market linkage forums with an aim of marketing the aggregated commodity.
- Institutional Strengthening
- Engagement with Partners supporting EAGC Programs and strengthen EAGC engagement with Program partners in Rwanda.
- Fundraising and resource mobilization among partners and Members
- Support in developing new programs in Rwanda based on the Strategic plan, Mission and Vision of EAGC
- Financial Management and Internal Control
- Execute EAGC strategy following effective internal process and procedure
- Develop regular and timely reports as per the requirements
- In consultation with the Country Program manager, support commercial services and revenue generation for Activities in Rwanda.
- Effective management of EAGC resources and expenses and timely reporting on all financial expenses as per the internal procedures.
- Learning and Development
- Demonstrate continuous learning and skills to execute EAGC Activities.
- Regular documentation of the lessons learned in program implementation to guide in program review and strategic growth.
- Support in Monitoring and evaluation, Data Collection and reporting of all EAGC programs in a timely manner.
Academic and professional Qualifications and experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, agribusiness or related agricultural field
- 5 years relevant work experience.
- Experience in working with agricultural sector stakeholders.
- Ability to develop a close & strong relationship with a variety of stakeholders and partners.
- Excellent organizational, coordination and time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English).
- A problem solver; team player; independent thinker and self driven person who takes initiative.
- Demonstrated knowledge in use of Ms Office suite
If your background and competence match the above specifications, please send your application demonstrating how your qualifications & experience matches our requirements. It should include an updated C.V., your current remuneration package, valid email address, daytime contact number and full contact details of 3 referees including day time telephone number to: email@example.com by 22nd February 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. EAGC is an equal opportunity employer.